Monday, December 24, 2007

Working Christmas

Every year, at Christmas time; I always volunteer to work.

I'm not a "believer" and hence don't celebrate the holiday.

To me, it's a simple equation - since I don't honor/celebrate the holiday anyway, why not let the person who does... have the night of so that s/he can spend it with their loved ones?

I've noticed that Thanksgiving and Christmas are two VERY special holidays in the United States (Easter comes close ) ...... despite the overtly crass commercialized versions on display .... and I always figure: "These are the only few times when families get together once a year. Be it religious or otherwise - why not help them at this time?"

Hence why I volunteer to work these holidays.
My only caveat? (I want 4th of July and New Year's off! ;-))


But when all is said and done ...

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. :-)
This coming year - may we all see a new era of peace amongst all mankind.

cheers,
Spook

1 comment:

Jaime said...

That is very kind of you. I imagine many people are grateful to you for doing this. =)