Tuesday, September 18, 2007

JCAHO and "safety"

My hospital is still waiting for "The Joint Commission" (cue reverential music) demi-gods to make their interrogation inspection and pronounce summary judgment announce the results of the survey.

This isn't the first time I've voiced disdain and ire about "The Joint Commission" (cue reverential music).

But while I rant in my crude, unsophisticated fashion; Dr. Whitecoat does the same... only with panache. Head on over to Dr. Whitecoat and read this little gem.

Just be sure you're not eating/drinking anything lest you do a spit-take...

I firmly believe ERnursey is right when she says this about JCAHO:
They are like any governmental entity, they make stuff up that makes no sense in the quest to ensure their own continued existence.

Couldn't agree more.