Monday, September 24, 2007

Is "free" healthcare, really the best healthcare?

John Stossel does an exclusive report for a new "20/20" segment.

Check it out:



Check out the whole deal (it's a 6 part video) : Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6.

I love John Stossel. Sometimes, I wish he wasn't the only lone voice of sanity in the wilderness.

It really is an "eye opening" report and provides a different take from the usual drivel about the need for "universal" health care. Folks who've had socialized medicine all their lives don't know any different - I know, I used to be one of those. Folks who have private health care suffer from the "Grass is greener" syndrome and wish for universal care, not knowing what they are liable to get.

Does health care in America need fixin'? Sure! I'm not saying the current scenario is healthy. I just don't think eliminating competition and choice by switching to universal care is the right way to go about it.

What we need is more competition, not less.

No comments: