Monday, July 16, 2007

Conquering Mt. Hampermore and the Insinkerator

I've come to the following conclusions:
1. I do not like to do laundry (especially ironing freshly, laundered clothes).
2. I do no like doing dishes.

I don't mind doing any other freaking chore around the house: scrubbing toilets, mopping floors, general clean-up-and-put-things-away etc.

But hot damn! I really dislike doing them two chores!
I think it stems from the two part time jobs I held when I was going through college.


Naturally, this aversion manifests itself in procrastination - I put these two chores off until health concerns (like starting to run short of underwear for example) light that big ol' fire under my ass and I hop to it. Of course, since I've ignored the problem for a while, there is that much more to be cleaned, scrubbed, washed and ironed.

Now, every time this happens, I promise myself that the next time I'll be more prudent and attend to things right away.

Of course, me being me, conveniently develop amnesia the minute the chores are done... until next time....

Repeat. Ad infinitum.


Of course, to make matters worse, a cleaning agency left it's calling card on the door knob of my apartment - tempting me with their "low rates". Are they psychic or something?

No comments: